At Medipathways we have 3 courses all with one common aim – to help a future medic or dentist realise their goal. We realise that it might be tricky for prospective students to recognise which one is ideally suited to them so we have put together this handy checklist to help you select the best option for your qualifications, experience and ultimate career goals. We recommend the Foundation (Level 3 Certificate in Medical Foundation Studies) if…
- You do not have formal qualifications in Biology and Chemistry at or above A-Level (or equivalent) standard.
- You do not meet our minimum entry requirements for the Pre-Med or BSc. and would like to secure your entry in the following academic year.
- You are considering study medicine, dentistry abroad or other science based degree in the UK.
- You plan to study medicine or dentistry abroad only and need basic science to qualify and prepare for this.
- You are not completely sure which medical science degree course you wish to progress onto, but need the science background to help make your decision.
- You are a mature applicant or graduate and have not studied science in depth before and would like to gain or refresh your science background to prepare for medical or dental school applications.
We recommend the Pre-Med (Level 4 CertHE in Medical Science) if…
- You have very high A-level grades (AAA) but narrowly missed out on direct entry into medical or dental school in the UK, or had a bad interview(s), UKCAT, BMAT, personal statement or work-experience etc and would like to try again for entry the following academic year.
- You would like the option to progress directly onto a BSc. in the UK in case you do not secure a place for medicine or dentistry.
- You would like to perhaps consider studying medicine or dentistry abroad in case you do not secure a place in the UK.
We recommend the 2-year BSc. in Biomedical Science (Levels 4,5 & 6 BSc.(Hons) in Biomedical Science) if…
- You have formal qualifications in Biology and Chemistry at or above A-Level BBB (or equivalent).
- You are looking to optimise your chances of specifically getting into a UK medical or dental school as a graduate.
- You would prefer to finish your undergraduate degree in 2 years rather than 3 and save a whole year of study and costs.
- You would like to keep your options open so you can move into employment or an MSc. or PhD. in case you decide not to pursue a career in medicine or dentistry.
- You still want the option to study medicine or dentistry in the UK and would consider studying abroad as a graduate since it’s only one more year on top of the pre-med.
- You are considering studying a similar Biomedical Sciences degree at another university, but would like to save a whole year of costs and time and study in Central London.
We recommend the 3-year BSc. in Biomedical Science (Levels 4,5 & 6 BSc.(Hons) in Biomedical Science) if…
- You would like to complete our 2-year BSc above and have met the criteria, but do not have the funding.
- You would prefer to have a slightly slower pace.
- You would like to have long summer holidays to allow for travel or work, etc.