As a Medipathways student, you will enjoy the full student experience, both from an academic and social perspective, and also be able to experience everything London has to offer.
London is home to more than 100,000 international students – more than any other city in the world. Studying in a truly influential, global city has many advantages.
With a rich heritage, London is a bustling and dynamic capital. World-renowned as the city of entertainment London boasts:
- Over 30 theatres in West End’s “Theatreland“, the largest theatre district in the world.
- Numerous world-class art galleries such as the Tate, Tate Modern and the National Gallery.
- Over 200 museums, from the world-famous British Museum and Victoria & Albert museum to the less well-known, but equally impressive, Alexander Fleming Laboratory Museum and Photographer’s Gallery.
- One of the world’s coolest clubbing scenes including the Ministry of Sound London and Tiger Tiger.
- Markets for all tastes including the infamous gourmet Borough Market for foodies, Covent Garden for handicrafts and ancient Portobello Road market; selling everything from fruit and bread to posters, vintage and designer clothes and, of course, loads of antiques since the 1800s.
Outside the capital, there is a vast expanse of beautiful countryside and captivating cities waiting to be explored. There are many places easily accessible on a day trip from London by train including:
- Oxford: Often referred to as the City of Dreaming spires, this charming city is home to Britain’s oldest university, the A Library and a lively jazz scene.
- Cambridge: Go punting on the River Cam and visit the famous King’s College Chapel to hear the sublime Choir of King’s College.
- Brighton: A popular summer day trip getaway, this vibrant town offers a shopping, beach and restaurant scene in an hour by train from the capital.
You will have the option to become an associate member of Student Central – the University of London’s social arm - which will give you access to a wide range of social activities.
As an associate member of Student Central you will be entitled to:
- Access to the Student Central Bar after 6.30pm.
- Become a member of Energy Base, Student Central’s on-site gym and health club. The associate membership entitles you to become a member at a reduced rate.
- Join any of the 40 clubs and societies on offer; from Art to Hip Hop, Debate to Harry Potter and a Singapore Medical Society, there is a society for everyone.
For more information and an up-to-date list of activities, visit www.student-central.co.uk