What is ‘Course Articulation?’
Course articulation is when one institution matches it’s courses completed at another institution. Students use course articulation to assure that the courses they complete will not have to be repeated at the institution to which they are transferring.
Medipathways has put together a 2+4 year articulated medical degree programme, currently in association medical schools based outside the UK which offer 4-Year Graduate Entry medical degree courses. The concept is simple – spend 2 years in London completing our 2-Year BSc. in Biomedical Science and then usually get a guaranteed* place into a 4-year Medicine degree programme abroad by the partner medical schools upon successful completion of our 2-year BSc. Currently, medical schools in Ireland, Poland and the Caribbean are participating in our Articulation scheme and we expect further medical schools in other countries to join us in the future.
The advantages of this articulation are unique. Please see list of features below supporting a question we are often asked: “Why study abroad for 6 years now, when you can complete the first two years in London, make friends before going abroad with them, apply for the UK again and still spend 6-years study in total?”
- Allows students to enjoy all the benefits of our 2-year BSc AND have a secured place at a recognised medical school at the same time.
- Offer of place onto 4-year medical degree course is usually given before you start the BSc. There is no entrance exam to progress onto the 4-year MD.
- Allows students (who would otherwise have spent six years in Europe) to spend two years in London and make life-long friends before they embark on studying 4-years abroad.
- If students secure a place into a UK medical school after our 2-year BSc, they can simply turn down their offer to study abroad.
- This 2+4 articulation is designed for students that wish to keep all doors open, without losing any time. (i.e. still takes 6-year in total)
- Ideal for students that wish to practice medicine in the UK and/or the US
- Medical Schools are based in Eastern Europe, where cost of living and fees are much lower than studying anything in the UK.
- Graduates will leave with a BSc and a recognised medical degree in just 6-years, making them more competitive when applying for jobs. (Studying an intercalated BSc while at UK medical school is very common, so our medical students will have this before they enter medical school).
- Perfect for students who do not want to jump into studying a full 6-years abroad, when they can apply for the UK up to two times first and then consider going abroad if all UK attempts do not succeed.
- The first two years of a 6-year medical degree course in Eastern Europe usually has a very high drop-out rate. Our 2+4 Articulation avoids this risk because the first two years are spent in London, relatively close to home in a familiar environment before having to commit to studying abroad at the outset.
- Please note that our articulations do not form part of any agreement made between our students and Medipathways. Conditions of any offers received from third party universities are between that university and the student only.
*Progression offer is from Medical School following interview in London, subject to meeting minimum conditions – such as grades on BSc, oral examination,Visa requirement (if any), health-check etc. UKCAT, BMAT, GAMSAT or MCAT may also be required, however students who wish to apply for UK or US medical/dental schools will have to prepare for these test(s) anyway. This articulation is with associated medical schools based outside of the UK only. They will specify the conditions of their offer directly our students with an offer letter, usually given at the start of the BSc course.
The following letters from the medical schools confirm our association with them and also an example of the offer letter received in advance by our BSc. students (click to enlarge):
This 2+4 Articulation is not designed for students who:
- Do not meet the minimum entry requirements for our 2-year BSc (would need to successfully complete our Medical Foundation course first)
- Would rather go and study abroad for 6-years because they prefer to live longer in mainland Europe, rather than London.
For further information, please contact us.